Pavement Primers & Patch
|Hei-Way Premium Patch has 1/2" maximum aggregate size coupled with an aggregate blend.|
Premium Patch is designed for general patching and thin pavement overlays.
Premium Patch meets and exceeds PA specification FB-3 Modified.
|This material is a plant-mixed bituminous stockpile mixture consisting|
|of mineral aggregate coated with a bituminous liquid. It exhibits the following qualities:|
|1) The mixture is workable according to seasonal temperatures.|
2) The mixture yields a durable permanent pavement.
3) The mixture is temperature stable, i.e. no drain down of the bitumen from the aggregate occurs in transit, placement or in stockpile.
|4) The mixture is thoroughly coated with bitumen.|
5) The mixture does not strip when handled, stockpiled, or placed. The mixture
|passes a modified ASTM D1664 strip test.|
6) The mixture does not require a tack coat for placement.
7) The mixture does not require a seal coat for at least four years.
8) The mixture performs satisfactorily in the field.
|The materials and their uses meet applicable requirements of the|
|Pennsylvania Department of Transportation Form 408, Sections 703.2 and 401.2, add|
|allow Bituminous Material asphalt cement.|